New year's resolution ? NO for me. i will do these instead
This year I made a lot of resolutions, and one of them is to go to the Gym more, I failed in most of these resolutions epically.
According to forbes.com ''Just 8% of People Achieve Their New Year's Resolutions '' Fuck me! just 8%?
The thing is ''Enthusiasm is common. Commitment is rare.''
Every year my resolutions begin to drop off after a week, I hope I am not the only one? But the truth is only 40% of those who made resolutions actually stick to their goals.
Some resolutions are hard to keep, for example, Roy Baumeister, a social psychologist said 'A resolution to lose some weight is not that easy to follow,"
So this means the reason for our failures is that many of us lack the structure to support the behavioral change our new goals require.
To be sincere, I know what to do to commit to my resolutions, but the determination to committing to it is the issue.
SO in 2017, I have decided to work and focus on mini goals, instead of creating unrealistic and stressful goals I can't achieve.
I have made a list of how I plan to run my 2017, will focus on these daily, weekly and monthly so I can consistently get things done.
1. Instead of writing many goals the which I can't achieve, I will focus on the process that will actually get me close to my goals and commit to those actions.
2. I will say NO to anything that will distract me from focusing..zero interruption is required, a clear focus. I expect this to lead me to massive success. In 2017 I won't care if I'm not liked my plan is to be respected.
3. I am going to ditch multitasking, it has been verified by the scientist; it doesn't work.Trying to do many things at the same time only creates more bottleneck it doesn't help.Rather I will focus on a task, then another after the first has been completed.
4. Steve Jobs said what made Apple was not only what they decide to build but also all those projects they choose to ignore. So next year I am going to write a Stop doing List this will contain the list of things I plan to stop doing.
5. There are some apps I should be using to keep track of tasks, I will use them more next year. Apps like todoist,wunderlist.
6. I am good at procrastinating, and I figured out that the only way to solve this, is to always try to deal with something once, instead of saying tomorrow I will do it now and get it off my mind so I can fully focus on the next matter.
7. I will set a time frame and deadline for my larger projects, I need to be more realistic about the length of time they will take and plan ahead.
8. There is some task I will be doing away from the office next year, and also I have I realized it is critical to take breaks and let my brain rest, take a walk or socialize a bit to refresh for new tasks.
9. I will always take the time to celebrate my progress and keep refining toward a happy, productive year
10. Do you know of the 80/20 rule? well, only 20% of what you do every day produces 80% of the result you get. so I will focus more on the most significant 20% of the task I have at hand.
If you love my plan for 2017, please share or leave a comment
Professional HP Printer Scanner Support to Fix Technical IssuesReplyDelete